Monday, September 13, 2010

7notes

I created this blog to share swarams (notes) of songs which I like and have come across. I take this as a learning process and would hopefully improve with time.

Several aspiring musicians get stuck in playing a particular song just because they weren't "taught" it. Most learners possess the ability to play or sing a song by listening to it over a period of time and fine tune as required. But a good number of them have some difficulty in "deciphering" the basic notes of those songs and it becomes more of a trial and error method to get it right.

Perfect pitch (or) Absolute pitch is known as the ability to identify swarams or notes without thinking much into it. It is innate and very rarely could be taught. I do think I possess that ability to an extent, and want to share my observations. I hope it would be of help.


No comments:

Post a Comment